Frequently Asked Questions
ABOUT THE RUN
It is a combination of a virtual run (where you register online and complete it at your own pace and location within the event period) + an on-ground event at a physical location.
For the VIRTUAL part of the run (1 Oct - 6 Nov), your activity and distance covered will be tracked via the fitness app you have synced with your Coway Run account.
For the ON-GROUND run (6 Nov), you’ll run the 6KM or 10KM track at Dataran Putrajaya and win a prize if you are the fastest in your category.
You’re free to choose whether to take part in the entire run – Virtual AND On-ground – or sign up ONLY for the Virtual Run.
If you’d like to take part only in the Virtual Run and not the on-ground event, please select ‘Virtual Run’ when purchasing your tickets.
All Malaysians and non-Malaysians may participate, including those residing outside of Malaysia.
Minimum age requirement:
6KM run: 5 years and above as of 1 Oct 2022
10KM run: 16 years and above as of 1 Oct 2022
Yes. RM10 from each ticket purchase will be donated to Coway’s Happy Water Project, which provides underprivileged communities in Malaysia with clean drinking water.
Additionally, a handful of GPS trail art creations during the Virtual Run will be turned into unique artworks. Proceeds from artwork sales will be channelled to our NGO partners EcoKnights, MERCY Malaysia, Reef Check Malaysia and Nicol David Organisation.
The Virtual Run (1 Oct - 6 Nov) is not a timed event. You may run or walk at your own time to cover as much distance as you wish. You can earn virtual Achievement Badges when you hit distance milestones within the Virtual Run period.
For the On-ground Run, the 6KM run ends after 1 hour 30 mins; the 10KM run ends after 2 hours 30 mins. The fastest runners to reach the finish line in the 10KM run according to the respective categories will be awarded with prizes.
For safety of others, participants are required to do:
- A self-test the day before the On-ground Run. For the safety of others, please refrain from participating if you test positive.
- All participants attending the On-ground Run must be fully vaccinated.
- You are required to show your MySejahtera status before entering the event. Participants with high risk are not allowed to enter.
- For the Virtual Run, we strongly encourage you to follow physical distancing measures whenever running outdoors.
- Face mask is recommended to be worn throughout the event (except during the run).
- Sanitise your hands from time to time.
For optimum ease in submitting your Virtual Run activity and GPS trail art, we recommend the fitness app Strava. You can then sync your Strava account with your Coway Run account so your activity is automatically captured upon every run.
You can also use any app of your choice (e.g. Nike+, Garmin Connect) to track your run activity or to create GPS art. BUT you will have to screenshot and manually upload your distance covered on the Coway Run website. (Indoor trackers which are pedometers do not qualify.)
Please note that the organisers cannot be held responsible for difficulties caused by app malfunctions or bugs.
Once you’ve downloaded and signed in on Strava, make sure you link the app to your Coway Run account. (You will need to create a Coway Run account during the registration process when purchasing tickets.)
The flag-off time will be announced soon upon final approval by the authorities.
Yes, this is compulsory, as declared by the Sports Commissioner Office of Malaysia.
For both Individual and Group Package ticket purchases, you must choose either the 6KM On-ground Run, 10KM On-ground Run, or Virtual Run option.
The 6KM & 10KM On-ground Run tickets allow you to take part in the Virtual part of the run AND the On-ground event. The Virtual Run tickets allow you to take part ONLY in the Virtual run.
After completing registration, you will be directed to a payment portal where you can pay by credit card / debit card / e-wallet.
Yes, bulk registration is possible under the Group Package. However, you must have all your teammates’ information available at the point of registration.Registration Process:
- Join as an Individual, and fill in your details.
- Add Participants and fill in your teammates’ information (you may add as many participants as you want).
- To get your Run Kit, choose from Delivery or Self Collect.
- Complete your payment, and you’re done!
Each of your teammate will receive a confirmation email with a link to log in to their Coway account and view their registration details.
You will receive a confirmation email upon your successful registration, which will be sent to your registered email address.For Group Package purchase:
You and your team mates will each receive a confirmation email upon successful purchase of the Group Package, which will be sent to your registered email addresses.
The email will include a unique URL link you must use to register and create your Coway Run account.
Once your account is created, you will receive another Confirmation Email to indicate that you have successfully registered.
All tickets purchased are final (non-transferable, non-refundable and non-deferrable). However, in special circumstances, a refund request can be made by contacting us.
If a refund request is accepted, you will receive a refund after deduction of any processing or management fees incurred, including (but not limited to) credit card processing fees, SST, etc.
We will do our best to solve any issues you may face. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Note that the refund conditions and approval are at the organizer’s discretion. All decisions made are final.
No, you cannot make any changes to your personal details.
So please note that names of participants and apparel sizes are final once registered and cannot be changed.
APP USE & SYNCHRONISATION
For the easiest experience in syncing your run activity with your Coway Run account, and to create GPS trail art, we recommend using Strava. One of the most reliable and well-established fitness apps, it works with GPS watches and head units as well.
You can download it at
OTHER APPS you can use (please note that you’ll have to manually upload your distance covered on the website to earn virtual Achievement Badges):
To sync your Strava with your Coway Run account, you first have to create a Strava account. Here’s how:
Step 1: Open the Strava app and sign up via Facebook or Google. You can also sign up by entering your email address.
Step 2: Fill in your details and select “Sign Up”.
Step 3: You will receive an email asking you to confirm your account.
Once confirmed, you have successfully registered for a Strava account and will be able to edit your profile page on the app.
You can do so in 4 easy steps.
Step 1: Log in and go to your profile page on Coway Run website.
Step 2: On your profile page, click Connect to Strava.
Step 3: Log in accordingly on the Strava login page.
Step 4: Click Authorise to allow Strava to connect with your Coway Run account. Once authorised, it should automatically be connected.
Note: For these steps to work, please ensure you already have a registered account on Strava.
Yes. Before every run, remember to turn on your app and start a session. Once you’ve completed your trail, remember to end your session.
Once you’ve finished your run, remember to go to your Coway Run Profile Page and click on the SYNC button to sync your data.
Failure to do this means your data captured on the app will not be reflected on your Coway Run account.
COWAY RUN KIT DELIVERY
All participants of Coway Run 2022: Unite to Create will receive a Coway Run Kit after successful registration, which consists of a Reusable Bag, Coway Run Official T-shirt, Race Bib, Water Bottle, Plantable Seeded Card, Towel, and Medal.PLEASE NOTE:
- Sponsor merchandise / vouchers are included only in the Kit for On-ground participants.
- Virtual Run participants will receive their Medal along with the Run Kit. On-ground Run participants will receive their Medal after completing the 6KM / 10KM track at the event location.
For Virtual runners, you may expect to receive your Run Kit (Event Tee, Bottle, Towel, Bag, Seed Card) in Oct 2022. As for the Finisher Medal, you will receive 1 week after your virtual run result is being verified.
For On-ground runners who opt for Self Collect pickup, you will have to collect your Coway Run Kit at KL Gateway Mall on 29 - 30 October 2022, 10am - 8pm.
If you would prefer your Run Kit to be mailed to you, please ensure that you fill in the correct mailing address during registration, and that you are available to receive the Kits when they are delivered to your location. You will receive it a week before the event date.
Please refer to the chart below:
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Runners must be registered participants of Coway Run 2022: Unite to Create to receive the Coway Run Kit and qualify to win prizes.
- Coway Run 2022: Unite to Create is open to both citizens and non-citizens residing in Malaysia, aged 5 years old and above as of 1 Oct 2022.
- All tickets purchased are final (non-transferable, non-refundable and non-deferrable).
The Virtual Run consists of two activities, which you may partake in at your own leisure and location of choice.(1) GPS TRAIL ART CREATION
- To fully participate in the Virtual Run period of Coway Run 2022 (1 Oct - 6 Nov), you are encouraged to use Strava or another fitness app to plan and create a unique formation with your chosen track.
- In order to track your run activity and collect virtual Achievement Badges, you must sync your Coway Run account with Strava (see the ‘App Use & Synchronisation’ FAQ).
- To sync your app data with your Coway Run account, you have to tap ‘Sync’ in Strava.
- Please ensure you turn on your fitness app and GPS before every run. Failing to do so will result in the distance covered not being recorded.
- As an added reward for active participation, you can earn virtual Achievement Badges whenever you reach a distance milestone.
- There will be a total of 8 virtual Badges you can earn with a total distance of 100KM.
The selected GPS art submissions shared on Facebook and/or Instagram will be shared with our collaborating artists, who will reinterpret your art into their own unique creations.
These creations, turned into NFT artworks, will be put on sale with proceeds going to charity. Upon sale, each artwork will be minted as a digital NFT as well as turned into a physical print.
You will receive a mention and credit as the original creator of the GPS art. However, the NFT artist will have full ownership of the reinterpreted artwork.