Coway Run 2022 – Terms and Conditions
Please read the below terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. Each individual who registers to participate in the Coway Run 2022 - a hybrid marathon event which comprises both a virtual run (“Virtual Run”) and a physical run (“On-Ground Run”) (collectively referred to as "the Event"), and where applicable, in the case of a participant below the age of 18 years, the participant's parent, guardian or legal representative (collectively referred to as "Participant"), declares and acknowledges to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and undertakes to comply with and be bound by the same.
- The Event is organised by Coway (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (the 'Organiser').
The details of the Event are as follows:
Date : 1st October 2022– 6th November 2022; and
Date : 6th November 2022 Start Time : 6:00 a.m. Venue : Dataran Putrajaya, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 3, 62675 Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya.
- Virtual Run
3.1 The Event is open to individuals aged 5 and above, and each Participant attends the Event on his or her own free will, subject to the following requirements:
Category Age (year old) Category 1 – 6KM On-Ground Run (Kids) 5-12 Category 2 – 6KM On-Ground Run (Open) 13 & above Category 3 - 10KM On-Ground Run (Malaysian Men’s Open) 16 & above Category 4 - 10KM On-Ground Run (Malaysian Women’s Open) 16 & above Category 5 – 10KM On-Ground Run (Malaysian Men’s Veteran) 40 & above Category 6 - 10KM On-Ground Run (Malaysian Women’s Veteran) 40 & above Category 7 – 10KM On-Ground Run (International Men’s Open) 16 & above Category 8 – 10KM On-Ground Run (International Women’s Open) 16 & above Category 9 – Virtual Run 5 & above
- For Participants aged 5 - 17 years old (“Minor Participants”) to be eligible for the On-Ground Run, he/she MUST be accompanied by at least one Participant of 18 years old and above and present at all times as the guardian of the said Minor Participant(s).
- For the avoidance doubt, a Participant below the age of 18 is required to obtain his/her parental/legal guardian’s consent, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category and change the eligibility without prior notice to the Participants.
By signing up for the Event and providing any information, personal or otherwise (“Registration Data”) to the Organiser on the Event’s platform
(the “Coway Run Website”), the Participant is deemed to have given explicit permission to the Organiser and its co-organisers, co-sponsors, partners, volunteers, and any entities or persons that provide products or services for the Event and the Event’s activities (its “Affiliates”) to collect, process, store and retain his/her Registration Data (including the Participant’s personal data) for the purposes as they may deem fit, including without any limitation for the purposes as follows:
- to register an account on the Coway Run Website;
- to create, manage and maintain the Participant’s account and his/her Runner Profile which contains the Participant’s details on the Coway Run Website;
- to manage the Participant’s participation in events and/or promotions hosted on the Coway Run Website, if he/she has signed up for such events and/or promotions;
- to process payments made by the Participant or on the Participant’s behalf via the Organiser’s payment gateway operated by third party service providers;
- to use the Participant’s running statistics and data to track the Participant’s progress for the collection of virtual badges or other such mechanics;
- to share the Participant’s GPS trail creations on any of the Organiser’s social media accounts and public platforms, including the Coway Run Website and Coway Malaysia’s official website (www.coway.com.my);
- to share your GPS trail creations with third parties, including but not limited to the Organiser’s collaborating artist/s who will reinterpret the Participant’s creation into their own unique artworks (with due credit to the Participant, the original creator);
- to enable the Participant to interact with other participants/registrants of the Event;
- to provide administrative notices or communications applicable to the Participant’s use of the Coway Run Website;
- to manage and maintain the Organiser’s relationship with the Participant;
- to keep the Participant informed of the Organiser’s products and/or services, promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- to provide care and enhance customer satisfaction, including but not limited to: resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to the Participant’s requests and enquiries related to the Event;
- to operate, evaluate and improve the business, and the products and services offered by the Organiser;
- to analyse and enhance the Organiser’s marketing communications and strategies;
- for internal record keeping or other administrative purposes;
- for statistical analysis purposes;
- for information management and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mails, handling and investigating any security-related issues, vulnerabilities, and/or incidents;
- (upon completion of the Event) where there are outstanding obligations either on the Participant’s part or on the Organiser’s part;
- to purchase Group Personal Accident Insurance on behalf of the Participant (as made mandatory by the Sports Commissioner of Malaysia for every public sports event);
- to exercise any functions conferred by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- for and/or in connection with all other purposes incidental and/or ancillary to the Organiser’s business/services or in furtherance to any of the abovementioned purposes.
In consideration of the Participant’s use of the Coway Run Website, the Participant agrees to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete Registration Data;
- maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- The Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email and/or on mobile device. Any notice sent to the email address and /or mobile device registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participants.
- If the Participant provides any Registration Data that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, or the Organiser has reasonable grounds to suspect such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant's registration and refuse any and all current or future use of any components of the Coway Run Website. There shall be no refund of any fees paid by the Participant upon such suspension or termination of the Participant's registration.
- The Organiser will not entertain or be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from any incomplete or inaccurate Registration Data provided by the Participant on the Coway Run Website.
- The Organiser shall in no event to be held liable for any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorised access to, or alteration of user communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or traffic congestion on the internet and/or the Coway Run Website.
- Once the Participant’s registration has been duly processed and the payment is made, the Participant will receive the Event merchandise, either via delivery or self-collection (please take note that the self-collection option is only available for the On-Ground Run Participants). Event merchandise includes a reusable bag, a Coway Run official t-shirt (measurements are subject to 0.79+/- inch tolerance), numbered race bib (only provided to On Ground Run Participants), a water bottle, the plantable seeded card, towel, and medal (collectively referred to as the “Coway Run Kit”). There will be no refunds for any Participants who do not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
- All colours, designs, and materials of the Coway Run Kit are subject to change without any notice. In addition, the Organiser reserves the right to exchange any merchandise in the Coway Run Kit for any other merchandise with the same value without any notice to the Participants.
- The Participant shall fully assume all risks associated with his/her participation in the Event, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the Organiser and the Affiliates, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained or controlled by the same. The Participant understands and acknowledges that the Organiser and its Affiliates provide no warranties regarding the Participant’s wellbeing and safety before, during and after the Event.
- By participating in the Event, the Participant agrees that he/she is physically fit and has not been advised by a qualified medical professional to not participate in the Event. The Participant further certifies that there are no health-related reasons or issues which preclude his/her participation in the Event.
While the Organiser endeavours to ensure the safety of the Participants during the Event, to the extent permitted by law, the Organiser shall not be liable to any persons (whether the Participants or any third parties) for any losses or damages arising during the Event (including any traveling to and from the On-Ground Run), whether or not the same is caused by or attributable to any acts or omissions on the part of the Organiser or its Affiliates. This shall include, but shall not be limited to:
- any losses or damages to property;
- any death or personal injuries to any persons; or
- any indirect/consequential (including loss of income or profits), general, special, punitive or contingent damages howsoever arising, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise and even if the Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- There are no designated race routes for the Virtual Run. The Participant can choose his/her own route and location. The Participant is encouraged to choose a route that is safe and has strong GPS signal. The Participant is advised to comply with all applicable laws and government guidelines in his/her country and generally use safe pedestrian practices when running or walking on the roads.
- All wheeled vehicles and objects are not allowed during the Virtual Run at any time, including, but not limited to, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, hover boards, bikes, motorcycles and cars.
- The Participant is required to submit his/her run record using one of the options outlined on the Coway Run Website from 1st October till 11.59 pm, 6th November 2022 (“Record Submission Period”).
- The Organiser reserves the right to seek further clarification and/or remove a Participant if he/she is found to have breached the terms and conditions herein.
- There will be no awards or prizes for the Participants of the Virtual Run except for the Lucky Draw Event (as defined and described below).
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to any applicant under the age of 5 for the 6KM On-Ground Run and under the age of 16 for the 10KM On-Ground Run. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse any Participant’s entry to the On-Ground Run without giving any reason/notice.
- The Participant shall wear the numbered race bib given to the him/her at all times during the On-Ground Run. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to any non-compliant Participants.
- The Participant shall comply with the rules and safety instructions provided to him/her by the Organiser and its Affiliates, at all times before, during and after the On-Ground Run.
- It is the sole responsibility of every Participant to immediately inform the official medical staff/safety marshal of the Event if he or she is mentally or physically unfit; suffers any injury at any time during or immediately before the On-Ground Run, or any other reasons that they have to withdraw from the On-Ground Run.
- In the event the Participant suffers any injuries or feels breathless or faint during the On-Ground Run, he or she must immediately retire from the On-Ground Run if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff/safety marshal.
- The Participant further consents to receiving appropriate medical treatment that is deemed fit and advisable in the event of an illness, accident or injury occurring during or at the On-Ground Run.
- For the avoidance of doubt, there shall be no refunds of the fees if any of the Participant withdraws (as stated in item 12) or retires from the On-Ground Run (as stated in item 13).
- The Participant shall be responsible for his/her belongings and property as the Organiser and its Affiliates shall under no circumstances to be held responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property caused by whatever reason during the On-Ground Run.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of the Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the On-Ground Run (including any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities associated before, during or after the On-Ground Run, for any legitimate purpose including but not limited to commercial advertising and publicity purposes, without any payment or any form of compensation to the Participants.
- Prizes will only be given away for the 10KM On-Ground Run categories. There will be no prizes for the winners of the 6KM On-Ground Run categories. The winners of the 10KM On-Ground Run categories must be personally present at the Venue on the day of the On-Ground Run to collect their prizes upon the announcement of the results. All uncollected prizes will be forfeited.
- The Organiser reserves the right to request the winners’ original identity card(s) or passport(s) for verification purposes.
- As the Participants for the On-Ground Run can also opt to participate in the Virtual Run, the terms stipulated for the Virtual Run above shall apply mutatis mutandis.
- The Organiser reserves the ultimate right to amend the Terms which will be reflected on the Coway Run Website, and it is the responsibility of all the Participants to keep abreast with any changes.
- The Organiser reserves the right to make any changes to the Event’s Dates, Venue or to cancel the Event (collectively referred to as “Event Changes”) at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case the Organiser will make every reasonable effort to inform the Participants prior to the Event Date. There shall be NO refund of any fees paid and the Organiser shall not be liable for any other losses or inconvenience caused to the Participant resulted from any of the Event Changes.
- There will be no refund on the fees if the Event is cancelled for reasons of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser (including but not limited to haze, storm, rain, inclement weather, wind, acts of God, terrorism, or other conditions) and which in the Organiser's opinion, renders it impossible or unsafe to proceed with the Event.
A. Virtual Run
B. On-Ground Run
Coway Run 2022 – Lucky Draw Event Terms and Conditions
Coway Run 2022 –Lucky Draw Event (hereinafter referred to as the “Lucky Draw”) is organised by Coway (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“the Organiser”) in conjunction with the Coway Run 2022 (“the Event”). All Participants (both Virtual and On-Ground Participants) of the Event will be automatically eligible to take part in the Lucky Draw subject to the Terms and Conditions herein:
- The Participant must be 18 years old and above as of 10th October 2022 and residing in Malaysia only (“Eligible Participant”).
- There will be ten Lucky Draw winners, five winners each for the On-Ground Run (from any Categories) and the Virtual Run. Each winner will receive one (1) Coway product, being a home appliance (i.e. either a water purifier, air purifier, outdoor water filter, water softener and bidet or mattress) with one (1) year complimentary service maintenance (for home appliances) or service care (for mattress) (collectively referred to as the “Prizes”).
- All Prizes are given on an “as is” basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, other items and/or vouchers in part or in full.
- The Organiser reserves the right to forfeit the Prizes if the winners fail to respond to the Organiser’s message/email within five (5) days from the notification of winning, including weekends and public holidays.
- By participating in the Lucky Draw, the Eligible Participant is deemed to have agreed and consented to the Organiser’s usage of his/her details submitted on the Coway Run Website.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any submission of entry made without executing proper procedure of participation.
- The Organiser reserves the right to make any changes to the Lucky Draw at any time, without any reason whatsoever including but not limited to cancelling the Lucky Draw, replacing the Prizes with another product of equivalent value at any time it deems fit, forfeit the Prizes and alter the Terms and Conditions contained herein without prior notice.