- Coway (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. ("Coway", "we", "our" or "us") values and is committed to protecting Personal Data (as defined below). As such, in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) and our commitment towards the protection of our registrants’ personal information, we have put in place this Privacy Notice ("Notice") specifically for our annual Coway Run event (the “Event”).
- This Notice explains the type of Personal Data we collect or have collected; how we collect, process, store and retain your Personal Data; and to whom we disclose or have disclosed your Personal Data as required under the Act.
- By providing your Personal Data to us and/or continuing access to this website (www.cowayrun.com.my) (the “Coway Run Website”), you declare that you have read and understood this Notice and consent to us processing your Personal Data in the manner as set out in this Notice.
- Kindly note that we reserve the right to amend, update and/or vary this Notice at any time and from time to time. Notification of such amendments/updates/variations shall be published on the Coway Run Website and/or other means of communication deemed suitable by Coway. Please check the Coway Run Website from time to time to stay informed of any changes to this Notice.
We collect and process personal data when you interact with us through the Coway Run Website, which includes without limitation:
- your personal details, such as your name, company name, residential address, contact number, email address, date of birth, race, gender, marital status, national registration identity card number, passport number, nationality, images and biometrics;
- your payment details, such as your debit/credit card information, bank account details and payment history;
- technical information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin type, operating systems and platform, device information and account login information;
- the date(s) and time(s) you access the Coway Run Website;
- your running statistics and data;
- information relating to your activities, habits, preferences and interests arising from your participation of the Event including your views or opinions made known to us via feedback or surveys;
- any details relating to any other person(s) who may be identified from any information, data or document you submit to us; and
- any other personal information you provide to us in the course of your interaction with us (collectively referred to as "Personal Data").
We may collect your Personal Data:
- when you access the Coway Run Website and/or any of the other websites/online platforms (collectively, “Sites”);
- when you ask us about the Event i.e. registration, ticket purchasing process, payment process etc. or otherwise communicate with us;
- when you register an account on the Coway Run Website to sign up for the Event;
- when you make payments to purchase tickets to this Event;
- when you participate in our promotional events via the Coway Run Website and/or our official social media channels;
- when we distribute/present the Coway Run Kit, contest prizes, or any other merchandise related to the Event to you;
- when you trace the delivery status of your Coway Run Kit;
- when you provide us with any feedback, participate in surveys and/or lodge a complaint with us;
- where relevant, from third parties; and/or
- from publicly available sources.
We may use and process your Personal Data in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- for the registration of an account on the Coway Run Website;
- to create, manage and maintain your account and your Runner Profile on the Coway Run Website;
- to manage your participation in events and/or promotions hosted on the Coway Run Website, if you have signed up for such events and/or promotions;
- to process payments made by you or on your behalf via our payment gateways operated by our third party service providers;
- to enable you to interact with other participants/registrants of the Event;
- to provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Coway Run Website;
- to manage and maintain our relationship with you;
- to keep you informed of our products and/or services, promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- to provide care and enhance customer satisfaction, including but not limited to resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to your requests and enquiries related to the Event;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- to analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- for internal record keeping or other administrative purposes;
- for statistical analysis purposes;
- for information management and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mails, handling and investigating any security-related issues, vulnerabilities, and/or incidents;
- (upon conclusion of the Event) where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on our part;
- to purchase Group Personal Accident Insurance (as made mandatory by the Malaysian Sports Commissioner’s Office for every public sports event);
- to exercise any functions conferred by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- for and/or in connection with all other purposes incidental and/or ancillary to our business/services or in furtherance to any of the above mentioned purposes, (collectively referred to as the "Purposes").
If and when necessary in connection with the Purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed and/or transferred to third parties which may or may not be located outside Malaysia, including but not limited to:
- our affiliates;
- our employees, authorised agents or contractors and other third party service providers who provide services to Coway for any of the Purposes mentioned in Paragraph C above;
- our partners, vendors and sponsors participating in the Event;
- our external advisors, professional or otherwise, including solicitors, accountants and auditors; and/or
- government, quasi-government and regulatory authorities.
In addition to the above, we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the above third parties for the purposes of any corporate exercises involving Coway including any mergers or acquisitions.
Although we endeavour to maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the security of your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration, no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place are utterly and absolutely sufficient or effective to safeguard your Personal Data. As a user of the Coway Run Website, you agree to assume all responsibilities and risks in your use of the Coway Run Website, and acknowledge the existence of all such risks in using the internet generally. To further protect your Personal Data, you should safeguard your username and password (registered on the Coway Run Website) and not share such information with anyone.
You may access, update and amend the Personal Data contained in your Runner Profile at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes.
Except as otherwise provided in this Notice, we only collect Personal Data that you provide to us. If you would prefer that we do not collect Personal Data from you, please do not provide us with any such information or access the Coway Run Website. By visiting the Coway Run Website, providing Personal Data to us, or otherwise interacting with us, you shall be deemed to have read and consented to our processing of your Personal Data in the manner as described in this Notice.
You may withdraw your consent to our processing for any of the Purposes, at any time by contacting us via the contact details provided in paragraph J below. If we do not receive any notification from you concerning our processing of your Personal Data, we shall proceed to process the same for the Purposes as set out above, on the basis that you have consented to our current as well as all our previous processing of your Personal Data in accordance with this Notice.
Please note that we may not be able to process your registration for the Event and/or you may not be able to participate in the Event if you do not provide us with your consent or withdraw your consent for any of the Purposes.
Notwithstanding any other provisions in this Notice, you may opt out of or unsubscribe from receiving our promotional materials by clicking on the “Unsubscribe from this list” icon located at the bottom of our emails to you.
Where you provide us with Personal Data of other persons or parties, you agree that you shall ensure that those persons or parties have been made aware of and given consent to this Notice.
The Coway Run Website may provide links to other websites or social media platforms, including those of our partners, vendors, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates participating in the Event. Please note that we are not responsible for those websites or social media platforms. If you link to or otherwise visit any other sites, please review the privacy policies posted on those sites.
You have the option to configure your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. Furthermore, you have the option to block all cookies. However, please note that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies, you may not be able to use all of the functions available on the Coway Run Website.
Should you require further information or have any complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data, kindly contact us through the following:
Enquiries on Personal Data: 1-800-888-111
Enquiries on Coway Run: [email protected]